Okay so if you follow my blog you’ll know that I love Halloween and there was no way I was gonna make it through the whole October without uploading at least one Halloween makeup look. Now most girls wanna be something cute for Halloween but I’m a bit of a nerd so I wanted to go for something a bit different and eventually decided on Venom.
Who is Venom?
Now for those of you who don’t know, Venom is a character from the Marvel universe who is most well known for being the enemy of Spider-Man. I chose Venom because I love Marvel but I’m also a huge Tom Hardy fan and decided to create a look in tribute to his new upcoming Venom spin off. So without further ado lets get into it!
What you will need:
- Black face paint
- White face paint
- Red face paint
- Black eyeliner
- Black eye pencil
- Makeup brushes ( I used angled eyeshadow brushes)
- Bowl of warm water
1. To create this look I began by having a image in front of me to use as a guideline. Once I found the perfect image I began by using my trusty eyeliner pencil to begin to line out the features of Venom’s face beginning with the eyes before moving down onto the mouth.
2. Once I had a general outline of his features I then went back to add the small details still with the pencil so that it would be easy to correct any mistakes. Again I started at the eye, adding a little shading before continuing to fill out Venom’s teeth, added details to the gums and finally drew in his tongue.
3. Once everything was drawn I then went in with the face paint. I used Snazaroo face paint as this is great to use on big areas, is greqt quality and also very pigmented. Again I began at the face, going in with the white first then with the black to cover my face before moving down my body. The drawing covered my face, neck, chest shoulers and arms so the process took a while.
4. Next I focused on colouring in the smaller details such as the teeth, gums and tongue. This took a long time – around 2 hours as I used a small angled eyeshadow brush to get in all the nooks and crannies and to be more precise. I was a difficult task but my arms got a good workout!
5. The last step was to add some highlight and spray my face with setting spray to hold it all in place. I did add some lines to the one of my arms so it looked like the suit has been torn off. After that I went in with a liquid eye liner to get the places around my eye I didn’t dare use the face paint on to really make sure my eye was covered so that the white would pop.
And this is the finished result! I have to say I’m no MUA and as this is my first try I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. So what do you guys think? What are you going as for halloween? Let me know!
I hope you enjoyed this and thanks for stopping by!