My Favourite Halloween Movies πŸŽƒ

Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year. I love everything about it, from pumpkin carving and fancy dress costumes to decorating the house I intend on celebrating in anyway I can – starting by watching a crap tonne of scary movies in the run up to Hallow’s eve.

I have this  thing where I can’t watch seasonal themed movies when it isn’t the holidays. It’s just not right. So I tend to I save all the horrors and thrillers just for Halloween to get me in the spooky spirit. So whether you’re a scaredy cat or fright night fanatic here’s my favourite Halloween movies you should definitely be watching this month!

22361310_10214020454011591_1576941471_n.jpg

Hocus Pocus – This is my absolute favourite Halloween movie of all time. If you haven’t seen this, one, where have you been?! and two you need to go out and get it right not because honestly it is just the best. Telling the story  of the three witches resurrected on Halloween night and it is up to two teens, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to their reign of terror. An absolute MUST for Halloween!

Halloween – It wouldn’t be Halloween without a mad man in a creepy white mask now would it? After being institutionalised for 15 years later for murdering his sister, a young man escapes and returns to his home town in order to wreak havoc.

Hotel Transylvania – Can you believe that I only recently saw this? See Dracula as you have never seen him before. Count Dracula, now operates a five star hotel away from the danger of the human world but a boy discovers the resort and falls for the count’s teen-aged (ish) daughter.

The Purge – The first in a series of gruesome but thrilling movies. Set in a futuristic America where the government sanctions a 12-hour period once a year in which all criminal activity is legal – including murder. Gruesome and heart pounding this isn’t for the squeamish.

The Addams Family – An oldie but a goodie. The Addams Family is not your typical family, they take delight in most of the things of which normal people would be terrified. Candlelit dinner in the grave yard anyone?

Silence Of The Lambs – one of my favourite movies of all time. Looking for something to creep you out this Halloween? Then look no further than Dr Hannibal Lecter. Brilliant psychiatrist and insane cannibal who agrees to help rookie FBI agent Clarice Starling catch an elusive psychopath in a deadly game of wits.

Practical Magic – Two witch sisters, raised by their eccentric aunts in a small town, face closed-minded prejudice and a curse which threatens to prevent them ever finding lasting love

Scream – A horror classic. Scream takes place in a small town populated by a group of naΓ―ve teens who fall victim to a psychotic murderer wearing a Halloween costume but this isn’t your typical horror movie.

_20171009_171206.JPG

So there you have it, my favourite Halloween movies! I’ve actually found a few new horrors to sink my teeth into this month including The Conjuring, The Corpse Bride and The Strangers. Has anyone seen these? Let me know if you have and what your favourite Halloween movies are I’m always looking for more!

Until next time,

Abby -x-

Instagram: www.instagram.com/whatabbysaysblog

23 Comments Add yours

1. A- says:

I remember seeing The Strangers in theatres! That Halloween I was walking down the street with some friends and a guy walked by wearing one of the masks – I def gave him a TON of room! If you like Halloween, you should check out Halloween 3. It’s not scary at all, it’s just completely ridiculous in the best way possible. Love this list!

A- simplylovely90.com

Liked by 1 person

1. my god i bet that was dead creepy especially after just seeing it πŸ™„ i will deffo check it out thanks for the recommendation 😊 xx

2. Sticks and the City says:

I am not a Halloween person/ horror fan, but I do like a lot of these films! My favourite halloween-themed film is Donnie Darko. I highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it it – very weird, but very good! xx

1. Ooh i havent heard of that one ill deffo have a look. Thanks! Xx

3. Im a huge halloween fan too. I decorate my house like a loony. Oh some of these are way too scary for me, but I blooming love Hocus Pocus, The Adams family and Silence of the Lambs. I think the physiological, jumpy thrillers are my favourites, I just cant deal with violence. Great list x

Liked by 1 person

1. Finally someone whose a hannibal fan πŸ˜‚ and me too i love cobering the house in all the decorations! Thanks for your comment x

Liked by 1 person

4. Great selection, Halloween is probably my favourite horror film.

Liked by 1 person

5. Hocus Pocus is my fave! Thanks for sharing! This post is getting me in the spirit!

1. Mine too. Nothing beats the sanderson sisters! Aw im so glad 😊 xx

6. Great post. Shared to Facebook. Good descriptions as that helps. Will be checking them out.

1. Thank you 😊 xx

7. theglassofclass says:

I feel really bad because apart from Hotel Transylvania and The Adams Family I actually haven’t seen any of these movies and I know these are classics. I don’t know how I even went through my life not watching them. I’m awful when it comes to watching scary movies and most of the time stare at the ceiling but I mean, I should have watched Hocus Pocus at least right?
    Julia xx
    theglassofclass.com

Liked by 1 person

1. Dont feel bad, the animated ones are just as good but yes honestly you’ve gotta watch hocus pocus youll love it if your into the more light hearted halloween films xx

8. I have made it my mission this year to watch all the “classic” horror movies. The thing is I’ve never really been into them because I just don’t get scared? I watched The Conjuring and I laughed at parts.. maybe I’m just weird. I wasn’t a fan of The Shining either, only The Blair Witch Projects managed to actually scare me at the end… Maybe something’s wrong with me πŸ˜€ I really like It Follows though. I’m definitely going to put some of your faves on my list! πŸ™‚ S. xx

Liked by 1 person

1. Dont worry im the same, i find horrors so amusing πŸ˜‚ you should deffo give halloween and silence of the lambs a go. Good old fashioned horrors all in time for Halloween and yey thanks! Xx

9. Practical Magic is one of my all time favourite movies! Such a perfect film for this time of year. Xx

10. gemmaorton says:

Great list! This has reminded me how much I love Hocus Pocus! Reminds me of my youth, I must watch it again this Halloween πŸŽƒ

1. You deffo should 😊 xx

11. Lindsey says:

I love that you included The Purge to this list. I never feel like that movie gets the credit it deserves. I really like those movies. I have yet to see Halloween, but I am still planning on it. I liked this list.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you and yeah it id such a good movie, i love the whole franchise such a intriguing storyline x

12. amandadunn1691 says:

I love so many of these films. Hocus Pocus is by far my favourite though! πŸ’™