August Aims 💭

Can someone please tell me where this year is going? I mean did July even happen?!

In what seems like an blink of an eye August is here and there’s nothing like the start of a new month to make you feel strong and determined for about 24 hours until you realise that change actually requires effort. Effort which involves more than cooking one healthy meal and looking at a couple of inspirational quotes on Pinterest…Dammit.

The past few months have been pretty hard for me but I’ve come into the new month feeling refreshed. So I’m determined to have some success this month, no matter how big or small. I intend to make a few small changes. No extravagant or unrealistic goals to become a sassy bad ass with abs to die for…🙄.  No I just intend to a conscious effort to do the things I always say I will and never actually do. To stick to goals and plans and to just generally be more positive.

Live in the moment ❤️ – I’m a natural stresser. I stress even when there is nothing to stress about. It’s like a second nature to me so this is something I really want to focus on. I’m always flapping. Thinking about what I’ve got to do or what’s next that I don’t really appreciate what’s happening right there and then. I want to try stop worrying about what is to come and just enjoy living in the moment and appreciate what’s around me.

Hit the gym 🏋️ – I know it’s so cliché but this month I really wanna get back to the gym and really try making a conscious effort to eat better. I usually workout two or three times a week but I have no idea what I’m doing or what I need to do to see results so I really want to focus on learning more about the body and follow a workout plan to help whip this booty into shape!

Find a job 🤓 – Yup. That’s right. I’m currently unemployed and it absolutely sucks. But it’s a part of life so I’m not going to dwell on it any longer. There’s been lots of ups and downs in the past few months but I know what needs to be done so I’m really focused on searching and applying for jobs and making sure my CV is updated and ready to go.

Blog twice a week 💻 – As I have quite a bit of spare time I’m really concentrating on my blog and aim to upload at least twice a week but hopefully more. I’m just getting used to planning and prepping posts as this is all still very new to me but I think I’m getting there!

Join the Blogger Community 🙋🏼 – Like I said, I’m a newbie to this whole blogging thing so I’m looking for some blogging communities to join where I can get involved and learn a thing or two. Hopefully I’ll find some new blogs to read along the way! If you have any recommendations for Facebook groups etc. it would be really appreciated!

And that’s my goals for this month. Do I really think I’ll last the whole 31 days? Probably not but am I determined to try? Hell yeah! So hello August. I’m excited to see what you bring 💕

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time,

Abby – x-

<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19029513/?claim=ch3hrxgzszq”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

22 Comments Add yours

1. This is amazing, setting goals makes everything easier to handle! I can relate so much to your goals as well, gym is something i’m trying to push myself toward haha xx

1. Thanks lets see if i stick to them 😂😂

2. This is Kat. says:

What a lovely post. Always great to set goals and then to see what people will achieve!

Liked by 1 person

3. Good luck with your goals lovely. Also good luck with your blog, regular posting definitely helps when you are new to blog world. xx

1. Thank you so much 😊

Liked by 1 person

4. Good luck with your goals! I love reading about the kind of goals others are setting, its very inspiring! xoxo

1. Thank you and me too gives me ideas of what else i can work and focus on 😀

5. amandadunn1691 says:

Great aims for August – I need to write some myself.

6. Kathleen says:

Phew, quite some serious goals… good luck with them and I should really think of setting some goals myself now I come to think of it 😀

1. Thank you, just need to stick to them now! Good luck with any you have 😊

7. Lise says:

Good luck with finding a job! I’m currently unemployed too and the process of applying for jobs is so exhausting and demotivating. x

Liked by 1 person

1. I couldnt agree more. So hard to try stay positive in times like this but we will get there. Thank you for your support and i really hope something comes along for you too ❤️

8. I Woz Ere says:

I hope you can last the 31 days. All realistic goals! Enjoying reading what people’s ideas of goals are. It’ll be interesting to see how we all get on 🙂
    Good luck with the job by the way, I totally know how our feeling and trust me, the right role will find you!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you i do too dont know if it will happen but definitely going to try! And thank you that means a lot ❤️

9. I can so relate to this post! I too am a natural stresser and was getting weighed down with things. I appreciate your honesty in this blog. All I can say is keep trying and good things will come to you 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Us stressers gotta stick together haha! thank you its hard going but im determined to try find something 😊

10. I love reading other people’s goals, they reality motivate me to make my own!
    You should get involved with twitter chats, they’re a great way to get involved with the blogging community! Good luck with your posting schedule, I too post twice a week.
    PaleGirlRambling xo

1. Ooh that sounds great! Ill definitely get on board with them thank you 😊

11. gingersnapps says:

Great goals, I also want to ‘live in the moment’ I’m a natural stress head and I worry about EVERYTHING, I also hate saying no to people or coming across as being ‘awkward’ so I end up with too much on at once and then worry about it all. eugh. Good luck on getting your posts up twice a week! I’m also trying to get my posts up more regularly this month! X

Liked by 1 person

1. I can relate to your struggles. Im exactly the same, thank you for your support 😊