Yeah that’s right. You did read the title correctly. If there’s one thing you should know about me it’s that I’m a crazy dog lady. Like borderline obsessed. You know the kinda girl who runs over the road just to pet the dog on the other side? Yeah that’s me.
I didn’t intend to post this so early on in case I frightened any of you off but I couldn’t resist with it being my dogs birthday and I’m so excited to celebrate his special day chasing tennis balls in the back yard and showering him in lots of hugs and kisses! So, let me introduce you to birthday boy himself. This is Simba. He is a German Shepherd and my best friend. You’ll likely be seeing more of him in future posts.
If you’ve made it this far it means you’re a crazy dog momma like me so before we begin I just wanna say that I am not the best cook in the world (I mean I once set the fire alarm off by burning fruit juices in secondary school but that’s for another blog post). I’ve come a long way since but no judging my so called culinary skills okay 🙈 and let’s get baking!
- 2 tbls honey
- 2 tbls coconut oil, melted
- 2tbls honey
- 1 carrot
- 1 ¾ cups of flour of your choice
(I used white plain flour)
- Peanut butter for decoration
- Dog treats
* Please note everything in this recipe is dog friendly but please feel free to change anything to suit your dog’s dietary needs.*
- Preheat oven to 180°c and grease two sized ramekins of your choice.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey and eggs. Stir in the flour slowly until you are left with a batter like mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two ramekins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once cool, remove from ramekins and fill with peanut butter.
- Place one half of the cake on top of the other and decorate with peanut butter, carrots and treats.
- Let your dog enjoy!
As you can see the pupcake went down a treat! Simba had a lovely rest of the day playing with his new toys before conking out on sofa. Please let me know if any of you recreate this or make your own pupcakes I’d love to see them! You can tag me on Instagram at @whatabbysaysblog or find my page at www.instagram.com/whatabbysaysblog. I hope you enjoyed this little post, I’m wanting to do a lot more animal related content so hopefully this is something you are interested in!
Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time,